Sunday 25 April 2010

Experimentation 2

These next contact prints have been shot today with minimulistic sunlight; which restricts the natural light i had.
I wanted to photograph a number of flowers within one area to show different colours and compositions.
I wanted to capture the weather within these shots, given the idea of focussing on the water droplets in some of the image.
I think this idea has been expressed well, however i feel that it works better on the green plants rather than the colourful flowers.

With the camera lens that I was using; a standard 55mm lens I wasn't able to get as close to the subject matter as I had hoped. Although i do feel as though I was able to shoot a good range of images using the technique of depth of field.

The purple orchid and pink flowers have worked best to show a variation of different colours within this contact print.
I like the depth of field used on the pink flowers as it shows how delicate each flower is.
On a closer look, i can see how detailed the shots are; the pink flowers have a formation of a heart which helps to give these flowers a more interesting meaning.

Opinions?

1 comment:

  1. theres a good range of colour, and i agree with you that i like the pink ones and the way they just kind of hang delicately in the frame..

    the depth of field helps make the images more pleasing too

    ReplyDelete