Monday 26 April 2010

A few edits

This image is the original photo


This is the edited photo.


I used Photoshop cS3 to make some edits to the original images, i wanted to enhance the colours within the composition.
To do this i used the 'Image - Adjustments - Curves..' tool.
This enabled me to make the flower brighter and the background darker. I wanted the flower to stand out almost instantaneously.



The colours in the background have also been enhanced.
To do this i went to 'Image - Adjustments - Auto Color'. I then selected 'Colour Balance' which allowed me to add a hue of red in the background.

This is the original image


This is the edited image below;
For this edit in Photoshop i decided to use some of the same techniques i used for the previous edit. I liked the idea of making the flower stand out more against the background so i implied the same technique here. However I have added a pink hue to the magenta within the image on this one.
The grass has also been edited to make the green more vibrant; i did this by selecting 'Images - Adjustments - Color Balance' and adding some colour to the highlights and shadows within the composition.

The original image lacked vibrancy within the colour of the flower and i wanted to enhance the vibrancy which I feel i have been able to acheive.



2 comments:

  1. the edited pics look better in my opinion and help to focus you in on the flower and its colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i agree - - making the background that little bit darker makes a lot of difference - now to learn how to do it using flash? :P

    ReplyDelete